code of conduct
As a Bowls Victoria Affiliated club, the Rosanna Bowling Club is bound by the following Code of Conduct.
Every person: spectator, player, club member, official, participant, administrator, coach, parent or member of the community involved with the sport, should work to ensure:
- inclusion of every person regardless of their age, gender or sexual orientation
- inclusion of every person regardless of their race, culture or religion
- opportunities for people of all abilities to participate in the sport and develop to their full potential
- respect is shown towards match committees, voluntary workers, fellow players, contractors or employees, other members, visitors, the club and the broader community
- a safe and inclusive environment for all
- elimination of violent, abusive or disrespectful behaviour
- protection from sexual harassment or intimidation
This Code applies to community sport, training, pennant, tournaments and club sanctioned activities.
Abuse: Is a form of harassment and includes physical abuse, emotional abuse, sexual abuse, neglect, and abuse of power. Examples of abusive behaviour include bullying, humiliation, verbal abuse and insults.
Harassment: Regular annoying or unpleasant behaviour towards someone, including unwanted sex-related behaviour towards somebody, e.g. touching somebody or making suggestive remarks.
safe transport policy
The Rosanna Bowling Club recognizes that on occasions alcohol may be served at special functions and that as a club we are responsible for the safety of our members.
In doing so the club shall ensure our members are aware of this policy and are encouraged to make alternative transport arrangements when consuming alcohol at such function.
- Bar staff shall encourage members and visitors to make alternate safe transport arrangements if they are considered to exceed .05 blood alcohol concentration.
- A designated driver is always nominated to drive others home safely.
- Designated drivers will be offered free soft drinks throughout the night.
- Taxi numbers are clearly displayed in the club rooms.
- Telephone calls will be made free of charge to arrange a taxi or other transport.